ELIGIBILITY TO REGISTER FOR THE GDA
FIEs operating in or with business establishments in Vietnam, operating under
Vietnamese and foreign laws and other laws governing business activities, ful-filling their obligations to the State, and willing to comply with program rules.
FIEs nominated by departments, branches, business associations, and industries
or by readers of Tap chi Kinh te Viet Nam / VnEconomy / Vietnam Economic
CRITERIA IN GOLDEN DRAGON AWARDS
Winners of a GDA will be selected based on the following five criteria:
- Revenue and profit in the last two years, 2021-2022;
- Stability in business and revenue growth;
- Business achievements in 2020-2022.
Brand building, development and protection
- Securing the brand’s position in the market;
- Protection of intellectual property relating to brands in the
target market (logos, designs, product packaging, etc.);
- Barriers used to protect and prevent brand infringements
(the process of taking steps to prevent risks when
the brand is infringed upon and the application of countermeasures).
- Responsibility of the enterprise towards employees in
fulfilling requirements in regard to social insurance,
health insurance, and welfare regimes;
- The responsibility taken by the enterprise in meeting its
tax, fee, and credit obligations;
- Contributions by enterprisees to the community and society;
- Contributions by enterprises to the development of their
industry in particular and the economy in general.
Green and sustainable business development
- Investment in green production processes, a green working
environment, and gender equality at the enterprise;
- Quality processes, environmental certificates;
- Achievements of enterprises in green production and
- Corporate contributions to the environment or commitments
towards green business;
- Policies that ensure equal, non-discriminatory values in
Application of digital transformation
- Plans to deploy digital transformation in business activities;
- Results of digital transformation refiected in operational
efficiency at the enterprise.
Receipt and classification of applications to participate in the program
before Close of Business on Feb 20, 2023.
- Based on published regulations and evaluation criteria for the GDA 2023, the
Secretariat will select enteprises that are eligible to participate in the program and
gather more relevant information (on their implementation of tax responsibilities,
credit, responsibility to employees, the environment, and the community of enterprises),
for submission to the Organizing Board and Advisory Board for consideration
and preliminary review.
Conduct of a preliminary review of the application: from Feb 21,
2023 to Feb 25, 2023
- The Organizing Board will establish an Advisory Board consisting of macro-economic
experts, industry economists, representatives from industry associations,
and marketing and branding specialists. The Advisory Board will participate in the
process of researching, consulting, and evaluating information on candidates. A
preliminary review will be held through a formal meeting between the Organizing
Board and the Advisory Board.
- The Preliminary Board will select 150 applications to conduct a final selection. Appraisal
activities at enterprises will be conducted on selected representatives by
industry, field of activity, and economic sector out of the 150 applicatiuons. Appraisal
activities will be conducted at the enterprise according to a working program
with the participation of representatives from the Organizing Board, Advisory
Board, and Voting Board.
- A pre-qualification list will be published in Tap chi Kinh te Viet Nam / VnEconomy
/ Vietnam Economic Times and on the goldendragon.vneconomy.vn website.
Organization of appraisals: from Feb 27, 2023 to March 3, 2023
- The Secretariat will contact enterprises and localities on the appraisal list. The Organizing
Board will establish an Appraisal Board consisting of representatives
from the Organizing Board, the Secretariat, and the Advisory Board. The Appraisal
Board will conduct the actual appraisal at enterprises.
- Appraisal teams are responsible for appraising and determining the accuracy of
records and capturing more information relating to the enterprise.
- The Appraisal Board is responsible for compiling a report on the results and submitting
this to the Selection Board.
Selection: from March 6, 2023 to March 16, 2023
- Based on the requirements and conditions of the program, the Organizing Board
will establish a Selection Board chaired by the Editor-in-Chief of Tap chi Kinh te
Viet Nam / VnEconomy / Vietnam Economic Times, with members including the
Organizing Board, the Advisory Board, journalists monitoring the industry, and a
number of other agencies and organizations as proposed by Tap chi Kinh te Viet
Nam / VnEconomy / Vietnam Economic Times.
- The Selection Board studies 1) the evaluation criteria; 2) comments from the Advisory
Board; 3) and Appraisals, to select the winners of a GDA.
- From 150 applications submitted in the preliminary round, the Selection Board will
review and select a TOP 50 Enterprises in GDA 2023.
- A list of TOP 50 Enterprises in GDA 2023 will be published in Tap chi Kinh te Viet
Nam / VnEconomy / Vietnam Economic Times and digital media channels.
Ceremony for the TOP 50 Enterprises in GDA 2023
- The ceremony is expected to be held on March 17, 2023 in Da Nang and offer a venue for sharing information and seizing new opportunities.